Crystal clear microdermabrasion
What is Crystal clear microdermabrasion?
Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion takes years off your complexion by gently exfoliating the outer layers of skin. Because it’s a safe and controlled method of skin resurfacing, the treatment can be used to solve a wide range of skin concerns on both the face and body.
Microdermabrasion provides immediate and visible results for ageing skin, lines and wrinkles, open pores, blackheads, pigmentation, blemish scars, acne scars, stretch marks and so much more. You’ll see the difference after just one treatment; however for more problematic skin a course of treatments will be required.
With regular treatments, the skin increases its collagen and elastin formation, giving you a naturally firmer and rejuvenated appearance. Building on this, the gentle vacuum action gives the facial muscles a mini workout each time, providing an immediate lifting effect and an on-going improvement in tone.
What are the benefits of this treatment?
Crystal Clear Skin System is the perfect salon treatment as it delivers instant, visible, results. It is suitable for all skin colours and all skin types and can be used to treat a wide range of skin problems on the face.
- A complete perfect facial, giving an instant healthy complexion
- Perfect for aging skin as it visibly reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Excellent results on acne scaring
- Works on Pigmentation and Sun damaged skin
- Plumps and Firms
- Skin will be brighter, smoother and hydrated
- Stimulates, Collagen elastine and cell renewal
What is involved?
The Crystal Clear handset is placed on to the skin and a microscopic flow of crystals is directed onto the surface of the skin. The speed of the crystals, together with their abrasive nature, gently removes the epidermal cells layer by layer.
Used crystals and dead skin cells are drawn away through the vacuum action, allowing for the controlled exfoliation of the Stratum Corneum.
The gentle vacuum action also achieves an immediate lifting effect on tired muscles and stimulates the blood supply to the skin’s surface to help promote new collagen and elastin formation.
Specific attention is given to any areas of concern such as open pores, fine lines & wrinkles, blemished skin or acne scaring, resulting in dramatically rejuvenated skin.
You will receive a full consultation before your treatment by one of our therapists. A course of treatments may be needed to allow you to achieve the best results. We stock a full range of Crystal Clear products in the salon for you to maintain the results between your treatments.
- Avoid heat treatments (including hot baths and showers) and UV exposure for 48 hours.
- Avoid exercise (anything that might make you sweat) and swimming for 24 hours.
- Must use a SPF 15 or more at all times.
- No sun beds throughout the duration of the course.
- Avoid touching or itching the area for 24 hours.
- Only use Crystal clear products directly after the treatment.
- We recommend that for 12 hours clients do not put anything on the skin including make-up, cleanser, moisturiser and don’t apply fake tan for 2-3 days after the treatment.
- No exfoliator is to be used on the face for at least 7 days.
Your therapist will discuss any products that you may need to be using at home.
Can everybody have this treatment done?
Not everyone can have this treatment done, this is the list of contra- indications:
- Active or uncontrolled diabetes
- Skin cancer & autoimmune diseases such as: aids, HIV, ME and MS.
- Eczema, seborreic dermatitis, psoriasis- If its just a small patch we can work around the area, but if it’s all over the face we recommend not having it done.
- Telangiectasias- Broken capillaries can be worked around.
- Rosacea & active acne- Suggest not having the treatment as the bacteria could spread around the face.
- Herpes simplex
- Asthma- Only if on steroids for the condition
- Keloid scars- can avoid the area.
- Accutane- Given bu your GP for acne. The client should finish the course and leave at least 6 months before having a MDA treatment
- Pregnancy- All stages should be avoided as hormone levels are higher during this time